I’ve discovered yet another secretly delicious food product–coconut milk. But before I go into that, I have a little
OH MY GOSH SUPER EXCITING HOW CAN I CONTAIN IT announcement; I’ve been nominated by The Breakfast Drama Queen for the Liebster Blog Award! Simply put, “This award is an award to spread blog love and draw attention to blogs with few followers”. Yay!
Now I get to answer a few questions about myself, list some random facts, and nominate other blogs for this award. Sweet!
- What is your favorite meal of the day? Mmm. I love dinner, because I get to relax after a long day, and just hang out.
- If you won $150 million in the lottery, what would be the first thing that you would buy? A round-the-world plane ticket. Or college.
- Would you consider yourself a materialistic person? Sometimes. I really love my books, and the pointe shoes I have collected over my years dancing.
- Pasta, rice or quinoa? Rice. Please don’t hurt me, quinoa.
- What’s your favorite country in the world? Or is that question too hard? Of the ones I have lived in, Spain hands-down. Super relaxed, and they know how to live.
- If you could be eating anything right now, what would you have? Dark chocolate.
- What’s your favorite holiday? Halloween? Yeah. You can dress up, and be something (or someone) else for a night.
- How often do you watch TV? Every couple days, usually. Unless you count YouTube. Then everyday.
- What’s your favorite cookie flavor? Chocolate chip with pecans.
- Why did you start your blog? I’ve been blogging for over a year, but before DailyExploits, it was all experimental. This blog is where I have defined what I love blogging about, and has also been a great medium for me to stay motivated in eating and cooking healthier meals. Plus, I love taking pictures and writing–this is the place to be!
Now for random facts about me:
- I began doing classical ballet when I was 5; It’s been 12 awesome years since!
- Speaking of dance, I collect all of my pointe shoes. There’s over 15 pairs in my closet.
- I’m half Spanish (from Europe), and it’s always entertaining watching someone’s jaw drop when I join in a conversation, fluent in Spanish. I’m really pale.
- I am a huge Potter nerd. Like, I work with a humanitarian organization called the Harry Potter Alliance. Check them out.
- I would categorize myself as a Slytherin (to continue my nerdiness) due to my ambitiousness.
- I was a former military brat, and lived all over the USA, Italy, and Spain.
- I am also a writer of fiction, and have been writing stories since I was 8.
- I am a video production intern, and also make videos on YouTube as TheNormalM.
- I’m bipolar with bananas. Some days they make me sick, other days they make me hyper.
- I’m on the verge of dropping everything, and moving to the west coast BECAUSE I AM TIRED OF THE WINTER. There. I said it.
- Favorite book/book series?
- How long have you been blogging?
- How attached are you to your phone?
- What’s it like for you to be on stage?
- Favorite quote, or words to live by?
- Morning person, or night owl?
- Favorite subject while in school?
- Is it safe to say that you live without regret?
- How do you feel about…musicals?
- You’re shaking your favorite actor/musician’s hand. What goes through your head?
Blog on your merry way.
So, on to the coconut milk. A friend recommended I try it, and next shopping trip I went on, found some and bought it. It tastes pretty darn good! It is not nearly as thick as regular milk, but had a different taste that was appealing.
I decided to try coconut milk in the making of oatmeal–it was wonderful. The oatmeal had this tinge if light sweetness to it–no need for a fruit to add flavor to the oatmeal (although pears go nicely).
Coconut milk by itself tastes alright, but I’m definitely looking for more recipes that include it. If you know any, let me know!