It seems I have fallen prey to the Skinny Bitch series of books, so much so I have bought a copy of one of the books for my friend as a graduation present. Is this a problem? An obsession? A passion for vegetarianism taken too far? Eh, not really.
Skinny Bitch has a couple of cookbooks, filled from cover to cover with awesome vegan recipes and ‘bitchworthy’ facts. In need of more kale in my life, I found a simple recipe in the book (originally Kale with Peanut Dressing) and adapted it using what was in the kitchen. Very simple, and quite exquisite.
Lots of kale
1 small-medium red potato
2-3 tbsp of soy sauce
1/2-3/4 cup of almond butter
Crushed red pepper
1. Prep a pot to be used to steam the kale and potato.
2. Wash and dice red potato. Wash kale and chop into chunks. When water in the pot is boiling, throw in the potato.
3. When potato is almost all the way steamed (10-20 min depending), add kale. Let steam for five minutes.
4. Place the steamed veggies in a bowl and set aside.
5. Mix almond butter and soy sauce, adding water to achieve desired sauciness. Top or mix sauce with crushed red pepper if desired.
Put it together, and what do you get? One awesome meal.